|Friday September 18
Glendale Public Library
222 E. Harvard St. Glendale CA 91205
|Capitalism's Self-inflicted Apocalypse
Keynote Speaker: Michael Parenti
Saturday September 19
Glendale Community College Room SC 212
1500 North Verdugo Road Glendale CA 91208
The Socio-Economic Consequences of Free-Market Capitalism
1. Neoliberal Ideology and Economic, Social, and Political Uncertainties.
Levon Chorbajian, University of Massachusetts, Lowell
2. Anti-Capitalist Intervention for Alternative Solutions: The Latin American Experience.
Khatchik Derghougassian, University of San Andres, Argentina
America Beyond Capitalism
Guest Speaker: Gar Alperovitz, University of Maryland
Moderator: Maria Armoodian
The Capitalist Crisis and the American Working Class
1. The Case of Latin Immigrants and the Progressive Efforts Within the Immigrant Rights Movement.
Javier Rodriguez, March 25 Coalition
2. The consequences of the widening socio-economic gap in America (issues of race, class and gender inequality in the US).
Jake Alimahomed-Wilson, California State University, Long Beach
The Socio-Economic Situation of the Armenian Working Class People in America.
Babken Der Grigorian, Armenian Youth Federation
Lucy Der Tavitian
Armenia: Challenges Posed by Free- Market Economy
1. How Has Armenia Attempted to Cope With the Transition to Neoliberal Capitalism?
Ara Nranyan, National Assembly of RA
Capitalism in Armenia: It Doesn't Look Like the Picture on the Box.
Markar Melkonian , California State University, Northridge
The face of Poverty in Armenia: A Photographic Presentation.
Sara Anjargolian, Esq.